Mainframe Environment Profiles
A Mainframe Environment Profile provides the means to configure:
- Working Folders > a list of folders that will be searched in order to resolve Copybook links, Cobol program links, catalogued procedure links and include file links.
Working Folders can also be administered on an individual job basis at Analysis Unit level.
Creating a profile
After clicking theicon next to Mainframe Environment Profile, a new screen will be displayed enabling you to define a name for the profile and define your working folders.
- First enter a name for the Environment Profile. Choose a name that is easily recognizable as this name will be displayed in the left hand collapsible list and will be used when you add the Environment Profile at Application or Analysis Unit level.
- Click the icon to choose the working folder.
- You can add as many Working Folders as you want (click the icon again).
- The column Save Called Objects in KB will automatically be selected (a green check mark will be displayed in the list):
- Save Called Objects in KB indicates that any objects in the Include Path will be automatically stored in the Analysis Service. As a result you will be able to view the associated links and objects in CAST Enlighten and compute Quality Rules and metrics that depend on them. If you need them only to resolve external references and want to save space in the Analysis Service you should uncheck the option - they will not be stored in the Analysis Service.
If you do not require this option, click the green check mark in the column. The check mark will then be removed indicating the option is not activated.
- You can use the button to make an identical copy of a selected Working Folder
- You can use the button to remove a selected Working Folder
- Recursive selections > Folders that are added will not be searched recursively. Please make sure you add all the required sub-folders manually.
- Please note that you can also use the CAST environment variable $(CastCommonDir) when adding an include path. This variable corresponds to the CAST installation folder "%CommonProgramFiles%\CAST\CAST". When you are using a non-English version of the Windows, this variable will be localized.
To apply the Working Folders, make sure you click the Apply button. If you want to clear the entire window and revert to the default settings, click the Restore button.
When you have defined the current Environment Profile and have used the Apply button to set the parameters, you can then either create further Environment Profiles or simply close the dialog box.