Add database server
By default the Services view will display database servers and associated services automatically using the information defined during the installation process using CAST Server Manager - see the CAST Installation Guide for more information.
However, you can add further database servers for accessing additional Analysis/Dashboard/Messurement services installed on them as described below.
To add a new database server:
- You can either:
- Click one of the Add icons (Services view (click the button that corresponds to the type of Database Server that you would like to add) ) located on the menu bar of the
- Right click whitespace in the Services view and select the appropriate Add new <database_server_type>
- Use the dropdown menu icon (Services view ) located on the menu bar of the
- A component called My <server_type> will then be displayed in the view:
- The Database server editor will then be automatically displayed - use this to make all required configuration changes.
- If there are Analysis/Dashboard/Measurement Services installed on the newly added Database Server, use the Discover option to automatically define them.