This page is no longer maintained and may contain obsolete information.
To avoid a situation where the CAST Engineering Dashboard will display a blank page on login due to cached connections to the CAST Dashboard Service remaining open indefinitely, a parameter exists in the web.xml file that limits these cached JDBC connections. This parameter is set to 50 cached JDBC connections by default:
- If the parameter is not present in the web.xml file, only 50 connections will be cached by the CAST Engineering Dashboard.
- This parameter may be set to 0, but this will result in each user action opening a new connection, which may reduce dashboard performance.
- It is recommended not to set it to a number below the number of concurrent users.
Please note that:
- In load balancing mode, multiply this number by the number of servlets, as it is a by servlet parameter.
- Following any changes you make, save the web.xml file and then restart your application server so that the changes are taken into account.