This view is designed to deliver baseline Automated Function Point information about a set of applications (i.e., a System).
- This view requires access to at least one Application.
- Note also that this view is not accessible unless you have the correct EFP/AFP license from CAST.
Left hand panel
Please see the section Left hand panel in Using the CAST Engineering Dashboard for more information about this.
Main window panels
Four main panels are available:
Function Points Estimation
Shows an estimation of the baseline Unadjusted Transactional Functions and Unadjusted Data Functions for the applications in the selected system. The total value is a combination of the two other values.
- Clickable hyperlinks on the Unadjusted Transactional Functions and Unadjusted Data Functions values lead to drill down pages that list the constituent objects and their individual estimated FP values, for example:
Unadjusted Transactional Functions (displayed in FRAME_PORTAL_AFP_TF view):
Unadjusted Data Functions (displayed in FRAME_PORTAL_AFP_DF view):
With regard to the Function Point Details column:
- DET = Data Element Types (a non-repetitive field in an ILF)
- RET = Record Element Types (a subgroup of data elements inside a logical file)
- FTR = File Type References (a file referenced by a transaction)
- TF = Transactional Function
- ILF = Internal Logical File
- EIF = External Interface Files
Displays basic quantity information for the selected entity (system):
- Total CC
Displays the number of violations (i.e., defects for rules that have been tagged "critical contribution" in the Assessment Model) split per application, and per Health Factor in the current snapshot. Hyperlinks lead to the Risk Indicators - Object Level listing the defects.
Health Factors by Application
Displays the Health Factor grades for each application (including the SEI Maintainability index). The grade table highlights (with a color-coded value) the grade of each Health Factor in the current snapshot. Hyperlinks lead to the Investigation - Quality Model Drilldown.