The Synchronize option is used to manually update the Analysis Service and/or the Dashboard Service following changes made in the CAST Management Studio. For example, you may have added an Application and are now ready to run your analysis. Before you do so, you can use the synchronize option so that the associated services are updated with your new content.
You can invoke the Synchronize option from various locations:
- In the Services view right click the Analysis or Dashboard Service you want to update and select Synchronize
Analysis Service editor/Dashboard Service editor
- In the Analysis Service editor or the Dashboard Service editor, select the Synchronize option as shown below:
- The Synchronize action is also automatically executed when you run an analysis or generate a snapshot.
- Please do not confuse this option with the Save All option.
- This option can be used if you want to replicate the License Key in your Analysis and Dashboard Service(s) once registered - see Manage the License Key for more information.