At the current time there are two methods available for deploying CAST Dashboards (Health/Engineering) - each option has its advantages and disadvantages. The steps required for each option are detailed below.
|Use dashboards embedded in the AIP Console package||Advantages|
- Seamless login with Console credentials
- Roles assigned in Console are active in embedded dashboards to restrict access to Application data
- Dedicated icons in the AIP Console to directly access the required dashboard
- Fully embedded in AIP Console processes
|Documentation: Embedded CAST Dashboard deployment process|
- Dashboard customization not currently possible
- Dashboards cannot be manually updated to a new dashboard version independently: since the dashboards are embedded in AIP Console, updating to a new dashboard version requires updating AIP Console and all AIP Nodes to a new release which contains the required version of the dashboard
|Use standalone dashboards||Advantages|
- Can be fully customized as required
If you have decided to use standalone dashboards, please follow the instructions provided in Standalone CAST Dashboard deployment process and ensure you configure the standalone dashboards to display data from the relevant schemas installed by AIP Console:
For the Engineering Dashboard, you will need to Add a new Application in AIP Console (which will create the associated Dashboard schema) before you can configure the context.xml file to pick up data from the correct Dashboard schema. You can view the details of the Dashboard schema for each Application in Administration Center - Applications - Application Details.
- For the Health Dashboard, the Measurement schema is created when the first snapshot is generated on any AIP Node. You can view the details of the Measurement schema in Administration Center - Settings - Measurement.
- No seamless login with AIP Console credentials - users will need to login separately with dashboard authentication
- No dedicated icons in the AIP Console for directly accessing the required dashboards
- Need to wait until an Application has been created in AIP Console (and therefore associated database schemas) before being able to complete the configuration process