Summary: describes how to deploy and configure CAST Dashboards embedded in the AIP Console package.
The CAST dashboards (CAST Engineering Dashboard and CAST Health Dashboard) that are provided in the AIP Console install can be linked directly to the AIP Console, so that analysis/snapshot result data can be made immediately available to end users. In addition, icons will be available in the AIP Console to provide one-click access to the dashboards - no login will be required either:
Dashboards provided with AIP Console
The dashboards are provided in the AIP Console installation. All that is required is:
- to deploy and configure a special CAST RESTAPI. The CAST RESTAPI is provided in the installation media .ZIP file (alongside the .JAR installer for the AIP Console) and is partly pre-configured for use with AIP Console
- When using AIP Console ≥ 1.25 a ZIP file (cast-integrated-health-engineering-dashboard.zip) is provided - this does NOT require web application host such as Apache Tomcat.
- When using AIP Console ≤ 1.24 a WAR file (CAST-RESTAPI-integrated.war) is provided which must be deployed on a compliant web application host such as Apache Tomcat.
- this CAST RESTAPI will act as an intermediary between the AIP Console/Dashboards and the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instance where the data is stored
- Please ensure you are familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of using embedded dashboards as described in Install CAST Dashboards - new customers.
- When using AIP Console ≥ 1.25:
- it is not possible to use a CAST-RESTAPI-integrated.war, you must use cast-integrated-health-engineering-dashboard.zip
- an UNRESTRICTED license.key is required
- Java JRE 8 is required
Single Sign On
The configuration process effectively creates an SSO (Single Sign On) between the AIP Console and the Engineering and Health Dashboards, therefore when logged into the AIP Console, a user can click through to either of the dashboards and no login prompt will be shown. Users are logged into the dashboards with their AIP Console user, therefore the same user rights apply in the dashboards:
- If your user login has the global Admin role, you can see all Applications in the dashboards
- If your user has the global Application Owner role you can see all the Applications in the dashboards that you have created in the AIP Console
- If your user has any other role, i.e resource level Application Owner / Analysis Manager roles, then it is not currently possible to view Applications in the dashboards
The deployment process differs depending on whether you are using AIP Console ≤ 1.24 or ≥ 1.25. Instructions are linked below:
- AIP Console ≥ 1.25: Embedded CAST Dashboard deployment process using ZIP file
- AIP Console ≤ 1.24: Embedded CAST Dashboard deployment process using WAR file