Before you add a new Application, you need to login to AIP Console. Browse to the following URL:
Remember to modify the URL to your local environment:
- Change localhost to the machine on which the AIP Console package is running
- Change the port number if anything other than port 8081 has been configured
Following login page is displayed, enter your login credentials:
Add a new Application
Move to the AIP Console screen, if you are not already there:
Click the Add Application button:
|No existing Applications|
A floating dialog box will prompt you to fill in details for the new Application:
A name for the Application.
Corresponding schema names created on the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instance
Taking into account the constraints mentioned above, AIP Console does the following list of transformations to generate a prefix from the given application name, in this example: *8App_Prod! (main.app)
A domain name:
A domain is a method of grouping Applications together primarily to assign user roles.
Choose the AIP Node on which you want to add the Application. All schemas required for the new Application will be installed on the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL server associated with the selected node (this was configured during the AIP Node package - back-end installation):
|Manage Version History|
Available in AIP Console ≥1.26.
This option determines the Delivery Mode that will be used for your application. By default the option will be ticked, meaning that the application is created in a standard way and all version history is retained. Unticking the option will cause the application to be created using a "rapid" delivery mode, where no version history is retained. See AIP Console - Delivery Modes for more detailed technical information about the different modes available.
It is not possible to change modes once you have created an application.
Click Add to start the process:
The process will begin (click to enlarge) - you can stop it any time using the STOP button:
A successful addition is shown below (click to enlarge) - you can click the "View Log" options to view the log for each step in the process:
What is installed with a new Application?
When you add a new Application, the following actions are performed:
- A Delivery folder (a central location specific to the Application used for storing successive and compressed versions of an Application's source code) dedicated to the new Application is created on the AIP Node in the following default location:
%PROGRAMDATA%\CAST\AipConsole\AipNode\delivery\(note that this location may have been changed during the installation process)
- Three Application schemas are created on the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL server associated to the AIP Node - these schemas are created from dumps shipped with AIP Core, therefore their release number will match the release of AIP Core used on the AIP Node. These schemas are used to store the analysis data. Details about these schemas can be seen by users with the Admin role in Administration Center - Applications - Application Details. The names used for the three schemas will mirror the Application name as shown below, except in situations detailed previously in this document:
- Management schema (<appname>_mngt)
- Analysis schema (<appname>_local)
- Dashboard schema (<appname>_central)
- No CAST AIP extensions are installed at this time. See Application - Extensions for more information.