Assign Applications to Systems
The CAST Engineering Dashboard displays results in a hierarchical list of entities:
- Corporate > System > Application > Module
If you are working with a Dashboard Service that was installed as part of a "combined" installation, then a default System will be created for you (My System) and all Applications that use the Dashboard Service will be assigned to that System.
It is possible to add additional System entities to a Dashboard Service if you want, for example, Application A to belong to System 1 and Application B to belong to System 2. This is achieved in the Dashboard Service editor (Portfolio tab).
To assign an Application to a particular Dashboard Service, you need to:
- Choose the Dashboard Service on which the System you require is located - note that if your current Application is already associated to another System on the same Dashboard Service, the Dashboard Service will not be available for selection - you need to first remove the Dashboard Service from the Application (you can do this in the Application editor > Execute tab).
- Click Next (do not click Finish otherwise you will not have the option to choose the System - instead the Application will be assigned to the first System in the chosen Dashboard Service).
- Choose the System you want to assign the Application to:
- Click Finish to complete the process.
- You will now need to generate a Snapshot before any of these changes will be taken into account.