This tab allows you to define various specific options (organized by Technology) for all Analysis Units defined in the Application - these options govern the way in which the source code matching the Technology type will be handled during the analysis.
The CAST Management Studio will automatically determine the Technology type of an Analysis Unit when the packages are deployed and the Analysis Units are created. As such, all Technologies that are present in the Analysis Units in your Application will be visible in this tab, for example:
Selecting a Technology type will display a section containing the analysis options for the selected Technology type. These options are either:
- set to their defaults (initialized from the options set at Technology) level where they cannot be determined from the source code
- or predetermined from the source code
You are free to modify them as necessary. Below is an example for the Visual Basic technology:
- Some Technologies do not have Analysis options (for example most database server Technologies) - in this case, No option to configure will be displayed in the Technology tab.
- The options in each Technology set are valid for ALL corresponding Analysis Units defined in the current Application (so making changes to a specific option will mean all Analysis Units in that specific Technology will "inherit" the same setting). If you need to define specific options for a specific Analysis Unit in a specific Technology, then please use the Analysis Unit editor.
- Note about the Reset option: some productions options have a "Reset" option next to them - using this will reset the option to the value set at Technology level in the Technology editors:
The options available at this level are also available at Technology level or at Analysis Unit - see Technology editors and/or Analysis Unit editor for more information and a description of the options. Some exceptions to this are listed below:
Multi technologies - Custom Environment Profile
One exception to this is the ability to apply a Custom Environment Profile for a given Technology - i.e. for all Analysis Units matching the same Technology in the Application:
Environment Profiles are a set of predefined configuration settings that can be included in an analysis. An Environment Profile can be particularly useful where you have several applications that rely on the same specific settings. By creating an Environment Profile that defines these settings, you then simply include the Environment Profile in the analysis. When the analysis is run, the settings in the Environment Profile are taken into account.
This is the case for the following technologies:
- J2EE including
- Web Services (WSDL)
- Mainframe (Cobol, JCL, IMS and CICS)
- Visual Basic (VB)
|Clicking this option will offer two choices: |
Add > This option will open a dialog box enabling you to select the Custom Environment Profile you require:
Note that only Custom Environment Profiles for the current technology type will be displayed. if you do not see any profiles listed, you need to create one - see the option below.
Manage Environment Profiles > This option will launch the Environment Profile Manager where you can create your Custom Environment Profiles:
|This option will remove the selected Custom Environment Profile.|