- CAST Management Studio can import, display, edit and assign Assessment Models from / to Dashboard Services
- Dashboard Service "import" lets you get hold of any pre-existing adapted Assessment Model
- Dashboard Service "assign" lets you drive the Assessment Model to use in 1 to X Dashboard Services
- Generic "import" lets you upload in your CAST Management Studio an Assessment Model from another implementation
- Generic "export" lets you download from your CAST Management Studio an Assessment Model for backup and distribution purposes
- working copies of the Assessment Models are still present in the Dashboard and Analysis Services
- to support autonomous processing without being permanently connected to the Management Service
- New Assessment Models can be created from scratch based on the default Assessment Model delivered with AIP Core
Accessing the Assessment Model configuration
The default CAST Assessment Model is visible and ready for access in the Assessment Models view in the CAST Management Studio:
- The default CAST Assessment Model (CAST <version> Assessment Model) will be assigned to the Dashboard Service schema.
- In the case of a upgrade, you can:
- use the default Assessment Model provided with the new release of AIP Core
- continue to use the Assessment Model from the previous release of AIP COre
- activate new Quality Rules from the new Assessment Model only
- merge the default Assessment Model provided with the new release of AIP Core and the Assessment Model from the previous release of AIP Core
- In the case of an additional "stadnalone" Dashboard Service installation, you need to assign the Assessment Model you want to use to the newly installed Dashboard Service schema before you can generate a snapshot (see below).
Reviewing the Assessment Model configuration
You can start the review by opening the Assessment Model:
- from the "Assessment Model" tab of the Dashboard Service editor, using the active link on the Assessment Model name:
- from the Assessment Models view:
Searching the Assessment Model configuration
You can search for any content:
- from the Assessment Models view
- in a given Assessment Model (the one selected):
- or in all Assessment Models (when none is selected):
- by clicking on the Search icon
- entering the searched value
- and optionally narrowing the search to a specific item type
- then looking at results in the dedicated view
- and accessing the items identified in the search results with a double-click on the returned row
- or exporting results into an XML file:
Changing Assessment Models
To use a different Assessment Model:
- invoke the "change..." action in the "Assessment Model" tab of the Dashboard Service editor:
- select an existing Assessment Model from the drop-down list of the wizard.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
- The selected Assessment Model will become active and will be inserted into the Dashboard Service at the next synchronization (manual or during a snapshot generation).
- You can review the list of Dashboard Services that use an Assessment Model using the "Service" tab in the Assessment Model editor:
Adding new Assessment Models
You can add a brand new Assessment Model using the following option:
An item named Default Assessment Model (CAST AIP <version> + Extensions)-N will be displayed in the view.
- The new Assessment Model will contain the default Assessment Model provided with your release of CAST AIP
- If you have installed any official or custom CAST AIP Extensions that include an Assessment Model "fragment", i.e. specific Quality Rules/Measures/Distributions etc. then this fragment (and the specific Quality Rules/Measures/Distributions) will also be included in the new Assessment Model that is created.
- When you add a new Assessment Model it will not be assigned to any Dashboard Service database and therefore won't be used when you generate a snapshot. If you need to use the new Assessment Model when you generate a snapshot, please see Changing Assessment Models above.
Assessment Model synchronization
Synchronization will happen when:
- you run the "Synchronize" action on the selected Dashboard Service:
- you take a Snapshot on one or more Applications