Summary: this section explains how to restore an Application from a backup made in Console.
|Ensure that your Application already exists.|
|Ensure that you are logged in as a user with the Admin role.|
|Ensure that you have already created a backup.|
What is restored?
When a restore is actioned (from a backup created in the AIP Console), the following will occur:
- the Application's associated schemas will be restored (i.e. existing schemas are deleted and replaced by those in the backup)
- the Application's associated Delivery folder will be restored (i.e. the existing Delivery folder will be deleted and replaced by the data in the backup)
- Options set at version level within the Application, for example exclusion patterns, source path, objective choices (these are included when restoring backups taken with Console ≥ 1.22)
- Any Version created after the backup was created will be deleted
- Any other backups created after the restored backup was created, will be deleted
- The version that was current at the time the backup was created will be set as the current version once again
- The Measurement Service schema will be synchronised using the data in the restored schemas
- If you are using the onboarding with Fast Scan workflow (see Workflow - Application onboarding with Fast Scan), all fast scan data is restored
Login with a user account that already has the Admin role and switch to the Admin Center:
Ensure you are working in the Applications tab:
Find the Application you would like to restore and click Options > View Details:
Click the Restore icon for the chosen backup:
The restore will then proceed:
On completion of the restore process, please ensure that the restored Application is correctly configured.