If you have installed AIP Console 2.0.0-beta1 and wish to perform an in-place upgrade to AIP Console 2.0.0-beta2, this is supported. Two actions need to be performed:
- Upgrade AIP Console front-end in Docker
- Upgrade your AIP Node instances
Each is explained below.
Upgrade AIP Console front-end in Docker
Updating existing images and containers is actioned in three steps using built-in Docker commands. There is no need to download the installation media and re-run it:
- Pull images associated with the services defined in the original
- Build images defined in Docker files.
- Recreate containers with changed images.
To do so you need to run three docker commands, one after the other on your host:
- The actions above will also pull a new container called "dashboards" as explained in AIP Console - 2.x - Main updates and new features.
When the upgrade is complete, you should run a manual Dashboard Synchronize action in AIP Console to ensure that the applications that existed previously are now made available in the 2.0.0-beta2 Dashboards. See AIP Console - 2.x - Main updates and new features.
Upgrade your AIP Nodes
This action must be performed on each AIP Node instance using the executable .jar file provided in the AIP Console 2.0.0-beta2 installation media:
Execute the .jar file on each AIP Node instance to re-run the AIP Node service installation, following the instructions here: AIP Node package upgrade.