New release to correct a CVE violation that was discovered in AIP Console and in the RestAPI war.
New features and updates
WEBI-6813 and WEBI-6802 - New option: Enable automatic extension configuration
A new option that will be made available when delivering a new source code version (where one exists already):
Behaviour of the option:
- only available for selection when:
- delivering a new Version ZIP when an existing Version already exists (i.e. for the first version in an Application, this option is not available)
- and the Same configuration as previous version option is enabled.
- when enabled (default position), the same behaviour as in previous releases of AIP Console is maintained: AIP Console will automatically scan the new Version ZIP and new extensions will be automatically downloaded and activated for any new technologies found in the new Version ZIP, including any dependent extensions (unless a specific Extension Strategy is in place)
- when disabled, AIP Console will not automatically download and install any new extensions therefore the same extension configuration as used in previous Versions will be retained
WEBI-6860 - New option: Enable auto configuration
A new option is available in the Application - Extensions screen:
Behaviour of the option:
- when enabled (default position), the same behaviour as in previous releases of AIP Console is maintained: it is not possible to remove discovered extensions.
- when disabled, it is possible to remove an extension that has been discovered by AIP Console using the delete icon:
New release to correct the following issues:
|Internal ID||Customer ID||Summary||Affects Version/s|
|WEBI-6863||22142||AIP Console Migration Script makes too many copies of Delivery Folder||1.13.1|
|WEBI-6810, WEBI-6844||-||Add version failed at step "Adding extra package" due to duplicate package.||1.14.2|
|WEBI-6823||-||Dotnet assembly packages are not created||1.14.0|
|WEBI-6861||-||Add version failed at step "Adding extra package" - log is empty||1.14.2|
|WEBI-6865||-||Multiple databases getting mapped to same path instead of their respective uax directory paths||1.14.3|
|WEBI-6877||-||API : List of File Extension in the Version Report is no longer present||1.14.3|
|WEBI-6881, WEBI-6864||-||Adding a new version fails on "Importing Configuration" step, after upgrade AIP Console to 1.14.3-funcrel||1.14.3|
New release to correct an issue where the creation of a new Application fails when the Application name contains a special character such as "()","#","+" etc.
New release to correct an issue where the creation of a new Application fails when the password for the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL "operator" user is changed.
New release to correct an issue where importing Applications into AIP Console that were previously managed with CAST Management Studio fails due to an inconsistent Application GUID stored in an internal technical table (cms.dynamicfields).
New features and updates
Ability to configure a location to store custom extensions for use in AIP Console
AIP Console uses CAST Extend (or the equivalent offline CAST Extend Offline) to obtain information about extensions that are required for analysis on each AIP Node, however, some extensions (specific custom extensions) that may be required are not available in CAST Extend. Due to this requirement, an option has been added which allows you to configure, per AIP Node, a folder location in which these custom extensions are stored. This folder location is scanned for extensions and information on any that are found is merged with the extension information received from CAST Extend.
Display sub-logs (logs of each analyzer) in real-time
When performing an analysis/snapshot, sub logs (for specific steps in the analysis/snapshot process) will be displayed in real-time. Previously, the sub-logs were only available once the parent step was complete:
Click to enlarge
Module management improvements
The modules management screen (see Application - Config - Modules) has been updated for managing modules post-analysis:
- A new auto generation option None is now available. Selecting this option will mean no automatic modules are created during a new analysis (user defined modules should be created instead - if no user defined modules are present, the analysis will fail)
- A new auto generation option Unassigned objects is now available. Selecting this option will mean that a module called Unassigned objects will be automatically created that will contain all objects that are not part of a user defined modules. If you wish to use user defined modules rather than a default Full content, per technology or per analysis unit strategy, CAST recommends using the Unassigned objects option to ensure that any objects not assigned to a user defined module are automatically included in a module.
- The previously available auto generation option Manual Creation has been removed.
- The Add button for creating User Defined modules is enabled only when the None and Unassigned objects auto strategy options are selected
- A new option has been added called Ignore Empty Modules: when enabled (default position), any modules (whether auto created or User Defined modules) will be ignored during the analysis if they do not contain any objects. If you disable this option, please ensure that all modules (whether auto created or User Defined modules) contain at least one object otherwise the analysis will fail.
- Project path is displayed in the dropdown of analysis units helping the user to easily select the analysis unit when creating filters.
Module edit screen
The User Defined module edit screen (see Application - Config - Modules) has been improved:
- rename Apply filters to Check content
- move the Cancel and Create/Update button to the left part of the screen
- display alert when user clicks Cancel or Close button
- display alert when user deletes a module from the list
Click to enlarge
Function Points and Transactions
Calibrated AFP values now displayed in AFP Count screen
Functional size is displayed as follows in the AFP Count screen:
- overall (total of Transactional Functions and Data Functions)
- separately for Transactional Functions and Data Functions
This data is updated each time the Compute option is actioned, therefore these values may differ from what is stored in the latest snapshot:
The info button displays the following message to explain the functional size information:
Performance improvement when checking content of sets and rules
Transaction details now visible
An update has been made in order to show the details of:
- transactions (data entities and end-points):
- transactional functions (data function, end-points, scope and contribution)
Users with the Application Owner role can access the Architecture Studio
In previous releases, only users with the Admin role were able to access the Architecture Studio. This behaviour has now been modified and users with the Application Owner role can now also access the Architecture Studio.
Ability to add layers based on existing Modules or Analysis Units of a selected application
Two new options have been added called Create Module Layers and Create Analysis Unit Layers - they allow you to quickly create a layer based on the content of a Module or an Analysis Unit. For this to function, an analysis/snapshot is required. When selected, you will be offered the chance to choose the Modules/Analysis Units you want to create a layer from:
Note that these two options will only appear when the context is set to a specific Application (if Global is set, then the options are not available):
Application backup/restore action
The Application backup/restore action has been improved:
- It is now possible to choose the name of the backup file (previously a default naming convention was used)
- The Delivery folder associated with the Application is now backed up as well as the associated schemas (previously on the schemas were backed up)
- The restore process using a backup file created with the updated backup will now restore the Delivery folder as well as the associated schemas
- It is no longer possible to stop the restore process once it has started (previously this was possible, potentially causing corruption).
Support for PL/1 technology
Analysis of PL/1 technology is now fully supported in AIP Console. Previously, the preprocessor (provided in the PL1 extension) that transforms .TXT files or files with no extension (which are sometimes delivered in addition to .PLI and .PLC files) into PL/1 format was not triggered during the delivery process in AIP Console. This is now resolved. Note that it is important to organize the PL/1 source code in a specific way otherwise the preprocessor will not be launched during the delivery:
- Recommended method is to ensure that all PL/1 source code (.PLC / .PLI / .TXT / files with no extension) is located in one single folder dedicated to PL/1 in the uploaded ZIP file. Other source code should be located in separate dedicated folders.
- Multiple folders in the uploaded ZIP file containing PL/1 source code (.PLC / .PLI / .TXT / files with no extension) can also be used
- To trigger the PL/1 preprocessor, the presence of at least one .PLC or .PLI file in a folder in the uploaded ZIP file (including the root of the ZIP file if this is used) is A MUST.
- Do not mix other file types with the PL/1 source code in the same folder in the uploaded ZIP file (including the root of the ZIP file if this used) - these other files may be processed by the PL/1 preprocessor rendering them corrupt and causing the subsequent analysis to fail
Change to Maven Repository configuration in aip-node-app.properties
A change has been made to the Maven Repository configuration provided in aip-node-app.properties (see Configuring source code delivery for Maven). Previously aip-node-app.properties did not contain any repository configuration out of the box, however, in v ≥ 1.14.x a default remote repository is now configured. If you do not use this repository, you can remove the URL:
Extensions added to whitelist and set to "force install" out of the box and after upgrade
A set of extensions (providing reporting capabilities) have been added to the whitelist and set to force install (see the Extensions Strategy option) out of the box in 1.14.x and after upgrade to this release. This means that these extensions will be will be installed for all Applications managed within AIP Console during the next source code delivery:
The extensions are as listed below (those marked with a * are User Community extensions):
These extensions provide reports post analysis to help you validate your results. It is not mandatory to use them (they can be disabled), but they do provide additional insight. Some additional notes:
- If any of these extensions are already installed on your Applications, then nothing will happen, the version you are using will not be overridden.
- If you are using the offline CAST Extend Offline and you intend to use these extensions (i.e. leave them enabled) you must ensure that you update your CAST Extend Offline to include these extensions.
Console and AIP Node graphical API updates
- The AIP Console and AIP Node graphical API interfaces can now both be accessed directly from the AIP Console API using the following URL. In other words, all options available directly in the AIP Node interface are now available in the AIP Console API interface so there is no longer need to switch between them.
- Authorization (using an API Key) is now required before any command can be actioned in the graphical API interface:
Customization of AIP Console access URL
It is now possible to modify the URL used to access AIP Console. See Configuring custom AIP Console access URL for more information.
Automatic selection of target node when creating a new Application
If you are managing multiple AIP Nodes with AIP Console, when creating a new Application the choice of AIP Node on which the Application will be installed is suggested automatically based on the available resources on all AIP Nodes. You are free to select a different AIP Node if required.
Ability to select multiple link types for Caller/Callee blocks in Transaction Rule editor and Architecture Studio Model editor
It is now possible to configure a Caller/Callee block with multiple link types, instead of having to choose just one as in previous releases:
Managing data authorizations for embedded dashboards from AIP Console now fully functional
In previous releases of AIP Console, when LDAP/Active Directory/SAML authentication was active, AIP Console roles assigned to groups/users did not function correctly when using the embedded dashboards. This issue has now been resolved.
Able to navigate to Engineering Dashboard from Health Dashboard when using embedded dashboards
In previous releases of AIP Console, when using the embedded dashboards, it was not possible to drill down/navigate to the Engineering Dashboards from the Health Dashboard. This issue has now been resolved.
Other resolved issues
The run analysis dialog box in AIP Console does allow the user to update the capture date but not the time
AIP Console 184.108.40.206: no option available to ignore empty modules
Missing filter checkbox for Exclude All while adding the Exclusions for a new version
[AIP CONSOLE] Why is *.project included as an exclude filter?
Log issue: downloaded log is not same as the one displayed in the AIP console
AIP console discover PL1 as file on source instead of PL1 as SCM and not pre-processing files
Extra Unassigned objects Content module created while creating User Defined modules
Garbled Chinese Characters on AIP Console Dashboard UI
|Duplicated Analysis unit for JEE source code containing eclipse and maven files|
OR-Combination block for ( Architecture Checker - TCC Rules ) Free definition editor can not be used for now.
|Limitation on Microsoft Edge : When trying to upload models / templates - List of Files types displayed in Windows File Explorer are not filtered on .castArchitect Extension.|
Download attached models from Application/Configuration/Architecture is not working if the file is not located on AIP Console-Node level.
These Models were attached in AIP -CASTMS.
They will still be computed if the models file are accessible (on the same host than Application's Node host).
However It is recommended to upload them in Architecture Studio and reattach them again to the application.